Sunday, July 15, 2012

Designer Dimanche: Ashtiani

The ultimate summer staple: the pistachio silk georgette maxi dress. 
Golnaz Ashtiani continues to wow the crowds with her sophisticated classic beauty influences and precision cutting.
In April 2011, she won TFI’s new label competition for her f/w 2011 collection based on Tamara De Lempicka’s art decoratifs paintings (a one-of-a-kind inspiration I might add).
Her s/s 2012 collection took on new explorations:  “1960’s-era fashion and lifestyle magazines” and the classic Hollywood blockbuster with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn Roman Holiday were Ashtiani’s creative sources. The final result was a 15-piece runway show filled with delicate drape detailings, shiny silks, violet and pistachio hues to die for and modern tailoring that gave authentic pieces a present-day approach.
I am not usually one to rave about the colour violet but Ashtiani changed my mind instantly: she made the colour look wearable. She coordinated the hue with vanilla whites, lemons and cream “crepe de chine” for a contrasting effect. A favourite violet-based outfit of mine was the belted violet silk vest paired with a vanilla white structured dress with soft pleats in lemon. I completely adored the perfect combination and the square-shaped vest Ashtiani crafted. I could go on and on about her designs because I surprised myself wanting to explore my ultra-feminine side I often repress. Another ultimate piece I must write about is the pistachio silk georgette maxi dress with soft pleats. It was the last run-of-show dress. Its delicacy, sheerness and the soft pleated cut-out front will remain imprinted in my mind for a good while. What a style-inspiring collection it was!
– Claire Miglionico
Photo source by:  chantalenadeau.com

No comments:

Post a Comment